Allâh says (what means), “The night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months (i.e. worshipping Allâh in that night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months, i.e. 83 years and 4 months).” (Al-Qadr 97:3)
“The likeness of those who spend their wealth in the Way of Allâh, is as the likeness of a grain (of corn); it grows seven ears, and each ear has a hundred grains. Allâh gives manifold increase to whom He pleases. And Allâh is All-Sufficient for His creatures’ needs, All-Knower.” (Al-Baqarah 2:261)
Just imagine the returns if you give 1 Dinar or 1$ sincerely in the way of Allâh on laylatul qadr! Suppose you give 1$ every night in these last 10 nights of Ramadhaan you would have spent 10$. And the returns are much more than:-
1*7*100*1000*30 + 9*7*100 = 21,006,300 (Yes in words that’s much more than 21 million!!!)
The more you’ll give with ikhlaas (sincerity) the more you’ll get. Verily, Allâh never breaks His Promise.” (Aali Imran 3:9).
BaarakAllaahu feekum. Please share with others. WAllaahu ‘aalam.
Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said,
” When anyone of you wakes up, he Must rinse his nose three times. Verily Shayttan spends the night inside a person’s nostrils.
(Collected by Bukhari 3121 and Muslim 23)
Benefits for this subject:
- Blowing the nose is an obligation with the Hanbali school of thought and a sunnah with the majority of scholars.
- This hadeeth shows that Shaytaan can’t open what’s closed or locked. Furthermore it has been reported that when a person yawns he should cover his mouth, so Shaytaan can’t enter.[ Subulus Salaam]
- Shaykh Muhammad Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) commented on this hadeeth in his explanation for Sahih Muslim. He said,” This hadeeth proves that Shaytaan has the ability to do things and we don’t have the ability to perceive it.Shaytaan spends the night in our nose and we don’t know how. We can’t make out how anyone could shape their body for the size of a nostril. However if it was something that crawled the size of an atom we could see how.
Nonetheless the world of the Shayaateen and Jinn is hidden from us. And likewise the world of the Angels is hidden from us. There is an Angel on our right and left side that companion us. Do we feel them? We don’t feel them, but we believe this to be a fact.
- The hadeeth proves that Allah has given Shaytaan the ability to overpower us. Therefore he (peace and blessings be upon him) informed us about this act of Shaytaan, so we could be aware of his evil and realize our need for Allah. [ explanation of Sahih Muslim for hadeeth number 24]
- Muhammad Abdur Rauf Al-Manaawee said,” Shaytaan also chooses the nose because the eyes are for looking and pondering over the creations in the heavens and earth. The mouth is for remembering Allah. The ears are for listening to knowledge and Allah’s remembrances. However the nose doesn’t have any of these traits. Therefore this is an entrance for Shaytaan into man’s body to whisper to him.[ Faydul Qadeer #436]
Translated and prepared by Abu Aaliyah Abdullah ibn Dwight Lamont Battle
- Shayatan – His ways in Misleading – [ PDF file here] – Abu Iyaad
- The Traps of Iblis – by Imâm Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah
- The Whisper of the Shytaan and Its Cure – by Shaykh Muhammad Saleh Al Uthaymeen [PDF]
- Suffering from the whispering of Shaytan – Fatawa Arkanul Islam – Shaykh ibn Uthaymeen
- Fatwa on – The Remedy for Whispering (of Shaytan) – Shaik Ibn Baaz
Excellence of Fasting on the Day of Arafah ( Nov 26th 2009 )
FASTING THE DAY OF ’ARAFAH:
The ninth day of Dhul-Hijjah is the day of ’Arafah, since it is on this day that the pilgrims gather at the mountain plain of ’Arafah, praying and supplicating to their Lord.
It is mustahabb (highly recommended) for those who are not pilgrims to fast on this day, since the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) was asked about fasting on the day of ’Arafah, so he said, “It expiates the sins of the past year and the coming year.” 
Likewise, the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, ‘There is no day on which Allaah frees people from the Fire more so than on the day of ’Arafah. He comes close to those (people standing on ’Arafah), and then He reveals before His Angels saying, ‘What are these people seeking.” 
Imaam at-Tirmidhee (d.275H) – rahimahullaah – said, “The People of Knowledge consider it recommended to fast on the day of ’Arafah, except for those at ’Arafah.” 
 Related by Muslim (no. 1162), from Aboo Qataadah (radiyallaahu ’anhu).
 Related by Muslim (no. 1348), from ’Aa‘ishah (radiyallaahu ’anhaa).
 Refer to Jaami’ut-Tirmidhee (3/377).
Source for the above :
- The Month of Dhul-Hijjah – Al-Istiqaamah Magazine, Issue No.6
Bismillaah al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu ‘ala rasulullaah
The High Judiciary Council of Saudi Arabia announced the beginning of Dhul-Hijjah. The new moon has been sighted.
Dhul-Hijjah has begun (tonight, the night before Wednesday), and the Muslims performing Hajj will be in ‘Arafah next Thursday (9 Dhul-Hijjah 1430), and the Muslim Ummah shall be celebrating ‘Eed al-Adhaa next Friday (10 Dhul-Hijjah 1430), inshaAllaah. [May Allaah keep the hujjaj safe from all evil and return them to their countries.]
Reminder of Virtues of Dhul-Hijjah:
Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu ‘ala rasulullaah
The Virtues of the First 10 days of Dhul Hijjah, from a lecture by Shaykh Sa’d ash-Shatree (hafidhahullaah)
From the most virtuous of days are the first ten days of Dhul Hijjah (the 12th month in the lunar calendar, one of the sacred months and the month of Hajj). A group of those from the People of Knowledge say: “Verily they are the best days of the year just as the last ten nights of Ramadaan are the best nights of the year.” Some of the various types of righteous actions which are done in these first ten days are mentioned below:
REMEMBRANCE OF ALLAAH
The first of the righteous actions is the remembrance of Allaah Subhana wa taa’ala. Allaah Subhana wa taa’ala said: …and the men and the women who remember Allaah much with their hearts and tongues – Allaah has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise). [al-Ahzaab 33:35]
It is affirmed in a number of texts the encouragement of mentioning the takbeer. Allaah Subhana wa taa’ala said: and mention the Name of Allaah on appointed days (i.e. 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th day of Dhul-Hijjah) [al-Hajj 22:28]