O Allah, Keep our hearts firm upon Your Deen
“O, [Allaah, the] Turner of the hearts, turn our hearts to Your obedience.”
Narrated Abduh ibn Abdurrahim :
“We went on an expedition to one of the lands of Rome; and among us was a youth of who there was none amongst us more proficient in reciting The Qur’ân than him, and none of us was more knowledgeable of fiqh and inheritance laws than him, one who used to fast the days and stand at night in prayer.
Whilst in our expedition we passed by a fort -of which we were not ordered to stop for- [guarded by many soldiers] ; and this youth stopped close to the fort as if he was relieving himself.
So he looked up the fort and he caught sight of a woman from among the women of the Romans who was looking from that fort, and she amazed him.
And as such he desired her, so he talked to her in the Roman language : ‘Tell me the way to get to you?’
So she replied: ‘For you to become a christian, then we will open the door for you [to enter the fort] ; and I am yours.’
And he answered that call of hers, and he entered the fort!
In one narration it says : [The Muslims were not aware of the on-goings except that by the time they realized ; he was with her!]
[The narrator continues to say] Consequently we were covered in great distress and encountered hardship in our expedition because of that. It was as if each of our men took that to be as if it happened to his own child.
After some time while on another expedition, we returned and passed by this same fortified town: and there he was with that woman, and the Christians ; looking at us [from the fort].
So we said [to him] : ‘O so- and –so what happened to your Qur’ân? What happened to your knowledge? What happened to your fasting? What happened to your prayers!”
And there he said to us : ‘Indeed, know that; I have forgotten all the Qura’n except His statement :
رُّبَمَا يَوَدُّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ لَوْ كَانُواْ مُسْلِمِينَ
ذَرْهُمْ يَأْكُلُواْ وَيَتَمَتَّعُواْ وَيُلْهِهِمُ الأَمَلُ فَسَوْفَ يَعْلَمُونَ
“Perhaps (often) will those who disbelieve wish that they were Muslims.
Leave them to eat and enjoy, and let them be preoccupied with (false) hope.
They will come to know!”
[Suraatul Hijr 1-2]
Source : Al-Muntadham of Ibnul Jawzee, Taarikh al-Islaam of Imaam Adh-Dhahabi under the biography of Abduh ibn Abdur rahim, Taarikh al-Dimashq of Ibn Asaakir : 37/379
1. The great benefit of lowering the gaze.
2. The Importance of fighting the desires, especially the fitna between the opposite genders.
3. Loving for your fellow Muslim that which you love for yourself, and hating for him that which you see is harmful to him. [And what is more of a calamity than seeing a Muslim leave the light of belief and choosing the darkness of shirk !]
4.The diligence of shaytaan and his allies – in their greatest goal – against the Muslims : to make them apostatize.
Especially in the times of tribulations; the true colours of people come forth. As you see, Indeed she didn’t ask him for wealth or anything else. Allaahu Musta’n.
5. Don’t be amazed by the actions of a person, only Allaah knows the reality of the end of a person.
6. Prior to that, don’t be amazed by your own deeds!
7. The Importance of supplicating for steadfastness, and uprightness in the religion upto the end of one’s life.
Indeed the Prophet (sallahAllaahu alayhi wasallam) used to do so, and taught us to do so, as in the hadeeth of Umm Salamah by Shihr who said : ‘I said to Umm Salamah : ‘O Mother of the Believers, what is the duaa’ which the Prophet (sallahAllaahu alayhi wasallam) would supplicate the most while in your presence? ’
So she said : ‘The frequent supplication of his was :
يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِي عَلَى دِينِكَ
“O, Turner of the hearts, turn our hearts to Your obedience.”
And also reported by Imaam Ahmad , from the hadeeth of ‘Aisha (radhiyaAllaahu anha): ‘The Dua’ which the Prophet (sallahAllaahu alayhi wasallam) used to supplicate with a lot…’ then she mentioned it.
Taken from Silsilah as-Saheeha of Al-Imaam Al-Albaanee : 2091
Get Regular Posts in Your Email!!
- RT @nchogle: Sh Ahmad Bazmool: The Shaytaan leaves no one. Shaytaan evens tries to misguide children at a young age! 2 hours ago
- RT @alrehabi_eng: Sufyaan Thawree:“Whoever listens to an innovator has left the protection of Allah and is entrusted with the innovation.”… 4 hours ago
- RT @AnnahjRadio: 📌الليلة الوضوح سمة أهل الحق الشيخ محمد عثمان العنجري 🕙 ١٥ : ٨ مساء بتوقيت مكة 🔊 عبر إذاعة النهج الواضح الأولى 1⃣ https:/… 16 hours ago
For suggestions or concerns, email:
talhashahid at zoho dot com
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
What’s On This Site?
- 10 Nullifiers of Islam
- Dua' Is Answered on Wednesdays Between Dhuhr and 'Asr (InshaAllah)
- Do Not Marry 7 Types of Women
- Marriage At An Early Age And It's Benefits
- Light on the Tongue but Heavy on the Scales
- The Nine Conditions for Prayer
- The Story of Julaybib
- Manhaj (Methodology) of the Salaf
- Most Superior Way to ask Forgiveness from Allah
- Allah will replace with something which is better
|Suleeman danladi on www.Sunnah.tv – MashaAll…|
|Dua when seeking lay… on Dua’ for Laylatul Q…|
|Talha Ibn Shahid on 2 cultures – 2 different…|
|Talha Ibn Shahid on 2 cultures – 2 different…|
|Umm 'Abdillaah on 2 cultures – 2 different…|
- July 2016 (1)
- October 2015 (1)
- September 2015 (1)
- August 2015 (1)
- January 2015 (2)
- September 2014 (1)
- April 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (2)
- December 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (2)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- October 2012 (1)
- September 2012 (4)
- August 2012 (3)
- July 2012 (3)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (3)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (2)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (4)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (2)
- August 2011 (4)
- July 2011 (4)
- June 2011 (8)
- May 2011 (5)
- April 2011 (2)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (5)
- December 2010 (5)
- November 2010 (7)
- October 2010 (8)
- September 2010 (9)
- August 2010 (11)
- July 2010 (2)
- June 2010 (3)
- May 2010 (5)
- April 2010 (4)
- March 2010 (4)
- February 2010 (3)
- January 2010 (5)
- December 2009 (11)
- November 2009 (13)
- October 2009 (6)
- September 2009 (10)
- August 2009 (15)
- July 2009 (6)
- June 2009 (9)
- May 2009 (5)
- April 2009 (4)
- March 2009 (11)
- February 2009 (9)
- January 2009 (8)
- December 2008 (8)
- November 2008 (10)
- October 2008 (17)
- September 2008 (18)
- August 2008 (17)
- July 2008 (12)
- June 2008 (14)
- May 2008 (5)
- April 2008 (6)
- March 2008 (7)
- February 2008 (4)
- January 2008 (6)
- December 2007 (8)
- November 2007 (5)
- October 2007 (8)
- September 2007 (12)
- August 2007 (7)
- July 2007 (13)
- June 2007 (14)
- May 2007 (13)
- April 2007 (23)
- March 2007 (32)
- February 2007 (52)
- January 2007 (3)
- 718,848 hits